Recipe adapted from My Name is Yeh (hers is with regular cocoa powder and a delicious matcha glaze!)
I’m always asking you guys what kind of videos you’d like to see on my YouTube channel and the number one request is always a cooking video! So here’s the beginning of a new series on #DDTV called #DDSKITCHEN! Okay it might be confusing cos my cooking hashtag on instagram is actually now #newddskitchen since SOMEONE else has decided to bombard and claim the old #ddskitchen for herself ahhh #lesigh oh well so it’s not #newddskitchen on instagram but called #ddskitchen on YouTube okay got it? okay got it.
Okay so back to the brownies. I shot this with the help of my little sister Sha while she was in town a few weeks ago and this Dark Chocolate brownie recipe is one of our favourites and SO easy. You only need 8 ingredients and most of which you should already have in your pantry! The lemon glaze is so delicious and easy to make too but you could substitute this for regular, matcha, chocolate, anything you like or nothing at all! Let me know if you guys liked this video and what else you’d like to see more of!
|Dark Chocolate Brownies with Lemon Glaze|
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened dark (or regular) cocoa powder
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
for the glaze:
1. Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°c and grease and line a baking tray/pan
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together
3. Add in the wet ingredients (eggs, butter and vanilla)
4. After fully incorporating everything, pour into baking pan and evenly spread out
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Use a toothpick to check if the center is done
6. Remove brownie from oven and leave to cool for 10-15 minutes
7. While brownie is cooling, prepare glaze
8. For the glaze, mix the lemon juice into the icing sugar 1 tbsp at a time.
Add more lemon juice or icing sugar to get the correct consistency
9. Spread glaze over cooled brownie, slice and enjoy! Make sure you share!
P.S. I really want to get more videos out, going to attempt to post to YouTube at least once a week so let me know if there are any other videos you guys would like to see!